Question: How to charge Wheelchair Batteries?
To charge your wheelchair follow these steps:
- Determine what type of battery you have for your wheelchair by reading your manual.
- Purchase the appropriate battery charger for your wheelchair.
- Remove wheelchair battery according to user's manual instructions.
- Plug the battery charger into the battery according to the charger's instructions and allow the battery to charge until it is at full capacity. Most batteries fully charge in less than eight hours.
Question: How to Recondition Wheelchair Battery?
Answer: Maintaining the performance of a wheelchair battery is important. You should fully discharge it occasionally, then slowly recharge it. If you find that your wheelchair battery doesn't last long between charges, you can try the following:
- Discharge your wheelchair battery fully.
- Connect the battery charger plug on the end of the cable that's attached to the charger into the charging socket on your wheelchair.
- Your battery charger will need to be set to the lowest setting which is optimal for reconditioning your wheelchair battery.
- Turn on the battery charger. Let it charge your wheelchair battery for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Turn off the battery charger. Disconnect the battery charger from the wheelchair. You should find that the next time you use your wheelchair it has more power and the charge will last longer.